Tuesday, 24 March 2009

i know i'm repeating myself, and the haiku could be worded better but... i kind of wanted this one to fit the 5-7-5 syllable count (which is normally not my custom) in both languages



po pustem dnevu
zadnji žarek obišče
cvet forzicije

20 comments:

Aleta said...

Oh la! I like hanging bloom and correlate it to a lingering sun. Lovely!

Magyar said...

The Forsythia will soon bloom here. Oooo, Polona, what a great -tease- your haiga is! _m

Emma Dalloway said...

the buds have bloomed... Its getting quite funny to read so many spring haiku when Im beginning to take photos of falling leaves... ah well, glad winter is coming to an end for you

Devika Jyothi said...

Oh so lovely, Polona :)

Finally I see a real spring haiku here...what's bleak at all when a flower like this blooms! :)

wishes,
devika

Anonymous said...

But when it's this lovely, it's worth repeating!

Ashi said...

Nice haiga Polona, the flower it self posting as sun :)

John McDonald said...

great one polona
john

John McDonald said...

great one polona
john

gautami tripathy said...

Loved that vivid colour...

jem said...

Good one Polona. I used to always adhere to 5-7-5, now I rarely do, but sometimes it's nice to, and this really works.

I wrote something similar last week -

tiresome morning
broken by spotting
the first daffodil

Masago said...

Nicely done.

get zapped said...

I can see spring has touched you. This is lovely. I want to reach out and touch it...

Alenka said...

Zadnji bodo prvi ...
Krasen 'začetek', Polona, v sliki in besedi!

Vse lepo, pozdrav!

Frank... said...

Lovely photo and haiku...

Anonymous said...

I'm so intrigued by why you wanted to keep the syllable count! But you're not telling...

The haiku's sentiment is beautiful. Some much is implied in this haiku. The clouds of cleared, if only at the horizon. We know the color of the sun without seeing it. The haiku suggests that the forsythia takes its color *from* the sun.

And Polona, I just realized something about your haiga. I've looked back 6 months and there are never *people* in them - you don't write about people. There's no reason you *should*, by the way. Is it because you would have to take pictures of them?

Lorraine said...

wow any way you do it comes out beautiful, love the photo too ;)

AMIT said...

You write very good.

Haiku Poems

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

in both languages- I'm impressed!!

Janice Thomson said...

Wow this is gorgeous Polona. Love your words for this haiga.

neikka said...

Nebeska fotka, res lepo!