Indeed, many new smells -- our dog is going crazy running with them all about. They say that dogs' nose is 50 times more sensitive than our own. I am not sure I could take all of the input of scents in spring were I a dog!!
Oliver Wendell Douglas: Green Acres is the place to be! Farm living is the life for me. Land stretching out so far and wide. Darlin' I love ya, but give me that countryside.
Lisa Douglas: No! New York is where I'd rather stay. I get allergic smelling hay! I just adore a penthouse view. Darling I love you but give me Park Avenue!
nice one, a bit of yin and yang; its the same smelly manure, that adds the richness to growth and blossoming of the sweet smelling flowers; as a putterer in the garden myself, and cognizant of all this, i still prefer to use the nicely packaged fertilizers
19 comments:
Indeed, many new smells -- our dog is going crazy running with them all about.
They say that dogs' nose is 50 times more sensitive than our own. I am not sure I could take all of the input of scents in spring were I a dog!!
the Slovene version of this is even briefer!
Im sure the spring smell of manure is quite welcome after a long cold winter
take care
Dalloway
spring -
all the dog poop
thawing
Oh yes, isn't it how spring starts for gardeners?? :))
A different haiga, Polona :)
liked it, for the realism...
wishes,
devika
ha ha... a winter's worth(?) :-)
Fine one, Polona. This, this natural richness so simply written, and a parallel to the simple life. _m
ha! :)
Oliver Wendell Douglas:
Green Acres is the place to be!
Farm living is the life for me.
Land stretching out so far and wide.
Darlin' I love ya, but give me that countryside.
Lisa Douglas:
No! New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay!
I just adore a penthouse view.
Darling I love you but give me Park Avenue!
haha
Quilly -- your comment gave for a good laugh..
but, isn't that the story in all homes, to a certain extent..
Finding ways for a peaceful coexistence is what we all strive I guess...
at my place -- he want's the city, i wish the country side...In finding a solution i have my piece of farm-land in pots in the terrace...
wishes,
devika
well done
john
Good capture Polona! Our next door neighbour has just done this to his gardens :)
I love the earthy scents!
nice one, a bit of yin and yang; its the same smelly manure, that adds the richness to growth and blossoming of the sweet smelling flowers; as a putterer in the garden myself, and cognizant of all this, i still prefer to use the nicely packaged fertilizers
much love
gillena
lol yeah and then there's that lol good one Polona ;)
yes, that`s the smell of spring!
a good haiku, Polona!
"spring, the sweet spring," as the poet said.
love this!
Very elemental...
There's a great truth in this. It takes the smelly ugly stuff for the pretty things to grow.
Post a Comment