Tuesday, 13 January 2009



strupen mraz
vrana se potopi
v smetnjak

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Polona,

I love crows! And I love the picture. Translating smetnjak (I presume) as dustbin is a strictly British translation. (Just so you know.) *Nobody* in America would call that a dustbin - though that doesn't mean you should change it.

For my part, when I first saw your translation, I thought of a dustpan - which made no sense. :-)

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

makes me cold, just looking at it...

Masago said...

...helping one's self.

Devika Jyothi said...

With just a beak dipped
I wonder if its looking for food, Polona

the other sits so 'cool' :)

wishes,
devika

Wisdom Of Heart said...

it must be something interesting inside dustbin...I think that also second one is going to look in :)

magiceye said...

amazing - their survival!

Anonymous said...

Probably looking or an old mitten to line his nest!

John McDonald said...

well caught
john

VILINČEK said...

Kot vedno se tudi tukaj obtačkam.

Vsakič drugačna se piše tvoja zgodba skozi haiku.

Lepo mi bodi.

Margie said...

Nice work, Polona!

Margie:)

Lorraine said...

I feel the cold with you and the bird..excellent Polona

Anonymous said...

kako lepo... vidim, da "napreduješ" v razpoloženju. lepo... itak si umetnica haikuja in je obisk pri tebi eno samo božanje trenutka...

hvala ti. prav to potrebujem te dni.

Ashi said...

curiosity might kill the cat, but it seems crows survives by it.

get zapped said...

Ya gotta eat!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo...

Bill said...

Three cheers for winter, if it inspires poems and pictures as good as you've been giving us.

haiku-shelf (Angelika Wienert) said...

Oh, I shiver...

I like "dips" in line 2 and the sound of "...dips../..dustbin".

Best wishes,
Angelika

neikka said...

Draga Polona,
sprehajam sem haikuji zadnjih dni, med mrazom in snegom in tvojimi pticjimi spremljevalci skozi parke in potepe, ki jih delas, da nam caras mraz in lepoto, ki skoci na plano tudi v tako nemogocem vremenu in celo ob smetnjaku z kriceco vrano.

Bodi fajn.D

Tikkis said...

that another crow is waiting it's turn ?-) Or was it the first one?

magiceye said...

survivors!

Anonymous said...

Is that the crow's way of warming up? :) You think of the most interesting haikus to compose!

jem said...

Caught in the act! Well spotted. I guess they have to eat what they can find in that kind of weather.