Monday, 5 January 2009



odšli so labodi
zmrznjeni ribnik
se jih spominja

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this one, Polona, I wonder if you haven't written too much?

The fact that they are "gone now" is already implied by the picture and by the verb "preserves". For instance, writing:

the frozen pond
preserves their presence -
swans

Might have been enough. I *love* the sentiment though - and somewhat related to the haiku I just wrote on my own site.

Magyar said...

Well shown by you, Polona, this art of nature... in your frame. _m

Masago said...

Now, that's something else.

Anonymous said...

Even swan footprints are lovely! (But I am sure only when the photo is taken by you.)

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I can feel the cold in this!

Devika Jyothi said...

Lovely feel in this one...

'preserve' was a good choice, Polona :)

wishes
devika

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely, we watched a swan skating on the ice the other day, leaving footprints like this,,.

John McDonald said...

terrific one polona
john

Anonymous said...

kam res odidejo, ko se zaledeni? Nikoli nisem o tem razmišljala...

Janice Thomson said...

Excellent Polona - love that photo!

Lorraine said...

Wow what a glorious piece, photo and words are magical, bravo Polona!

Margie said...

Happy New Year, Polona!
Love this one!
Thank you!

Margie

Ashi said...

Lovely Polona, nice toach

get zapped said...

Striking image and ku.

neikka said...

ooooooooooooooo, bozanski posnetek in haiku ob njem!
Bravo!

Objem, Polona in vse dobro.

Kai said...

hugs
how r u?

magiceye said...

this is beautiful....

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Polona,

came for new ones...
Hope all fine there

come again later

wishes,
devika

trinitystar said...

Frozen in time
captured beautifully.
Superb! :o)

Lorraine said...

Wow, I looked at your new photo, I like it, you look sooo young lol

Anonymous said...

nobl. nova stran deluje sveže. nov avatar tudi...

polona said...

thank you all.

actually, i had the idea in my head for a few days but wasn't able to put it to words in the way that would please me. so, the haiku i posted was some sort of a compromise rather than a finished work. maybe i was trying to follow the slovene version (which works better in this case) too literally but omitting telling bout the swans' absence changes the tone of the haiku in my opinion...

gautami tripathy said...

Awesome footprints..

Bill said...

Great photo and nice verse. Like upinVermont, I'm tempted to play with it

frozen pond
the steps the swans
have left behind

jem said...

I like this a lot, both the words and the picture. It is sad in a way, but also comforting, despite their absence, marks remain, and memory.

Anonymous said...

such a cool photo- simply amazing
look at those swan imprints
your haiga says this well "Preserves their presence)