Saturday, 2 February 2008



zaprta vrata
udarci pet odmevajo
po tlakovani ulici

22 comments:

Masago said...

What a cool street.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I agree with Vaughn.

Anonymous said...

V prvem momentu odzveni grozljiv prizor skozi asociiranje odmeva s tlakovane ulice. V naslednjem trenutku pa misel zamenja skrivnostnost izza zaklenjenih vrat...
Čudni smo ljudje, čudni... Objem, Lucija

floots said...

i hope they're heading for my place :)

John McDonald said...

lovely
john

Ashi said...

Nice doorway Polona, the ecco makes it big.

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks liek a lovely street, I can hear the echoes too

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Great portrait of life. I lolve old doors -- opening to the past.

DROBTINICE SVETLOBE said...

Hmmm, krasna vrata, vse mi e lepo, ceprav je sposrocilo osamljenost, tisina, samost:))))

prima, Polona. lepo nedeljo imej.
neikka

Wisdom Of Heart said...

I can imagine...like in the movie...lady walking down the street...alone....tok, tok, tok.....then old door opend with well-know sound (iiiiii).....

I have wild imagination some times...I hope you don't mind....

Anonymous said...

Wow! That scene called to mind a street in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. The door, the walls, the cobblestones ... amazing.

Bill said...

You've captured the mystery of ordinary life.

Tikkis said...

haha Floots! Closed, secret door...

Kai said...

i think i read this before

polona said...

masago: we have a few like this in ljubljana

andrew: thank you

lucija: zanimivo, a ne, na kaj najprej pomislimo...
morda gre za čisto prijeten opravek, a kdo ve...
hvala, pozdrav!

floots: fat chance, i think (they were not mine)

john: thank you

ashi: thank you, and it's quite big in nature, too :)

crafty green poet: it's an old street in an old part of the city...
thank you

don: thank you. why not opening to life, to the future?

neikka: morda je vtis (namenoma) takšen... asociira na temo, samoto... a ni nujno tako... fotka je dnevna, morda se oseba vrača s prijetno preživetih uric, morda iz službe?
je kar nekaj možnosti...
objem!

patricija: it's fun reading your impressions. and imagination is a good thing.
cheers :)

quilly: it's a small world, then!
cause this is definitely ljubljana, slovenia :o)

bill: succintly put and just right.
thank you

tikkis: you're not envious, are you? try knocking :)

kai: i don't think so... unless somebody else wrote something like that (without the typo, i hope)

jem said...

There are a lot of sharp sounds in the words you have used in the English version. They really reinforce the scene you have described. I wonder if the same works in the Slovenian?

Pat Paulk said...

I love this. Makes me think the echoes are telling all the doorways about the man/woman's day.

polona said...

jem: well, it's not always easy to make both versions work. in this case the rhythm works well in the slovenian version

pat: that's a nice way of seeing it :)
thank you

Elena Horowitz-Brookes said...

I can hear the clicking heels. Lovely!!!

polona said...

boulies: many thanks!

Amalendu said...

puranee yaden dastak deti hain dahalij par....this was in Hindi...a crude english translation would be: Old memories knock at the door step...

polona said...

thank you, amalendu, especially for the text in hindi