Thursday, 2 August 2007



poletni zahod
lastovka poškropi
svoj odsev

apologies for less than excellent photo... in this case haiku came first while i was watching martins dart about the pond, skimming the surface, touching their reflections. this pic was the best i could manage at the time...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

a perfectly fine pic. and sprinkles are always nice.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I think it's wonderful -- I also like how you can see a person in the back ground. Don't know why, but it gives me the feeling of being there.

Anonymous said...

"poletni zahod" - ja se preveša v drugo polovico to naše poletje. Danes nekoliko hladneje kot sicer, vsaj v MB rahlo dežuje...

Tudi sama se često počutim kot lastovka, ko zrem v svoj odsev...

Kako znaš ujeti trenutek, nianso mene, mojega čutenja... In potem vsa vprašanja o čutenju duš postanejo brezpredmetna...

Bodi dobro, imej lep vikend... Če ne bom ravno tu, bom tu naokoli...

Objem, Lucija

John McDonald said...

excellent
john

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Love this one, Polona. Masterful!

aleks said...

a clever swallow ;))).

i'd do the same, sometimes,
a.

Pat Paulk said...

I hate when I "sprinkle" on myself. It's Friday, I'm sorry.

get zapped said...

So gentle.

Janice Thomson said...

Oh Polona I love this one. Excellent.

polona said...

hat: that's kind of you to say. thank you

andrew: well, thank you. i feel better about posting this now :)

masago: thanks

lucija: morda se pa ti znaš vživeti v trenutek in se najti v njem...
ja, hladneje... sedim tu v trenerki in mi ni nič toplo :(
tudi ti se imej lepo, kjerkoli že boš!
objem!!

john: thank you, john.

don: most kind. thank you.

aleks: who wouldn't?
hvala za obisk ;)

pat: it's not been the best of fridays for me but still... what'sfriday got to do with sprinkling oneself?

get zapped: thank you

janice: most kind, thank you.

Pat Paulk said...

Absolutely nothing. I can sprinkle on myself all 7 days of the week. I was just in giddy mood because no more work this week. Sorry you had a bad Friday.

Anonymous said...

love your photo and the wrod gives a spark

If I could hold a camera and see the way you do I would have been over the moon

Nasra

polona said...

thanks for the explanation, pat. well, it's weekend and i've had a much better time, thank you

nasra: why thank you. you are a woman of many talents yourself.
photography is just something i like doing and i'm usually not happy with less than good

Pucca said...

lastovka poškroši svoj odsev.. tako ko mi, ljudje, ki si zatiskamo oči pred bistvom, mnogokrat nismo le naivni, a dejansko splepi. škropimo dejstva...

polona,
vem da sem radovedna, a me zanima, se poklicno ukvarjaš z angleščino? ker tako lepo spojiš haiku v angleščino. ali obrano, saj ne vem, v katerem jeziku ga prej napišeš :))))

Pucca said...

se opravičujem, škrat mi zagode in se zatipkam pri vsaki 2. besedi. treba bo spat :)

polona said...

saj je kul, pucca... tudi jaz delam tipkarske kar naprej :)

drugače pa mi je angleščina v bistvu le hobi in čisto osebni izziv. v šali sem že večkrat rekla, da me je posvojila napačna muza (morda pa ne?), saj govori angleško. nerodna reč pravzaprav...
kakor se morda sliši čudno, večina haikujev najprej nastane v angleščini, šele potem pride slovenska verzija.

Pucca said...

oo, zanimivo :)

jem said...

Wow. Such a striking idea. This makes me want to sprinkle my reflection somewhere. It seems such a carefree thing to do, so self assured. Great!

And sometimes catching the words before they escape has to come before catching the perfect photo!

polona said...

jem, i'm pleased you liked it.
i always enjoy your thougtful comments.
and you're right of course about catching the words :)