Liked the connection here Polona - an acquaintance celebrated the Assumption yesterday. Like anonymous said we are all waiting for that change no matter what religious beliefs held. Good one!
masago (and everyone else who doesn't know what this is about), here's something about it: assumption
i'm not all that familiar with catholicism but waiting behind that airport van on the day of virgin mary's assumption struck me as ironic. i'm sorry it wasn't clear enough.
masago, andrew, anonylight, john, pat, get zapped and janice, thank you all for your comments.
and yes, we all seem to be waiting for that change of light, one way or another.
I am a Catholic, polona, and it works for me. I think it's more readily understood on your side of the Atlantic, where the Feast of the Assumption is often observed as a kind of secular holiday. The poem, as I see it, has to do with the difficulty we have getting our bodies from point A to point B, while Mary, according to the tradition was bodily assumed into heaven: green lights all the way!
gautami: thank you. i understand it is not clear unless one is familiar (at least vaguely) with the catholic tradition.
bill: thank you. but i must admit this one is culturally specific. yes, the feast of the assumption is quite a big holiday in most countries where catholicism prevails. and yes, your explanation comtains the general idea of the senryu.
15 comments:
I'm not Catholic, not sure of the meaning...
I love the picture! I feel like I'm there.
we're ALL waiting for the light to change, no?
interesting
john
The way I took this is you can't see the light(maybe therein is the religious connection) so you're assuming it's there and working and will change.
interesting...
Liked the connection here Polona - an acquaintance celebrated the Assumption yesterday. Like anonymous said we are all waiting for that change no matter what religious beliefs held. Good one!
masago (and everyone else who doesn't know what this is about), here's something about it:
assumption
i'm not all that familiar with catholicism but waiting behind that airport van on the day of virgin mary's assumption struck me as ironic.
i'm sorry it wasn't clear enough.
masago, andrew, anonylight, john, pat, get zapped and janice, thank you all for your comments.
and yes, we all seem to be waiting for that change of light, one way or another.
It sure works..
I am a Catholic, polona, and it works for me. I think it's more readily understood on your side of the Atlantic, where the Feast of the Assumption is often observed as a kind of secular holiday. The poem, as I see it, has to do with the difficulty we have getting our bodies from point A to point B, while Mary, according to the tradition was bodily assumed into heaven: green lights all the way!
gautami: thank you.
i understand it is not clear unless one is familiar (at least vaguely) with the catholic tradition.
bill: thank you. but i must admit this one is culturally specific.
yes, the feast of the assumption is quite a big holiday in most countries where catholicism prevails. and yes, your explanation comtains the general idea of the senryu.
Assumption, step by step, in every direction, in the bus - it may work, 0r it may not. Anyway,I love this one!:)
thank you, borut! this seems to strike a chord with the local folks :)
assumption adds so much value to this image...
amalendu: so you know about the feast?
thank you
Post a Comment