Friday, 16 February 2007

not much of a shot, i'm sorry, but i just got home and couldn't resist posting this



zgodnja pomlad
kos zapoje
ob mraku

16 comments:

Pat Paulk said...

Wooing it over to the dark side. Love it!!

Masago said...

Looks like its eye. Nice.

starry said...

beautiful pic of the blackbird and the twilight.

Anonymous said...

Gulp! I'm afraid of the dark!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have noticed the bird if not for the eye. Understated beauty, as always P. Love love love!

Anonymous said...

Just a song a twilight, when the lights are low,
And the flick'ring shadows softly come and go,
Tho' the heart be weary, sad the day and long,
Still to us at twilight comes Love's old song,
comes Love's old sweet song.

John McDonald said...

nice one
john

Margie said...

Very nice one, Polona!
I love it!
I will be back to posting tomorrow.
We have snow here today, and I am wanting spring so badly, so my poem will be about spring!
Hope you are having a good weekend!

Margie

floots said...

ok you shot it with a tranquliser dart
(you can tell me)
either that
or it's another brilliant shot :)

Anonymous said...

Živjo, Polona:)))

Sredi poti, pa mi notebook pregori in evo, ostala sem brez in rentam...

Krasna misel in lep posnetek. Pa lep pustni vikend.

neikk

polona said...

thank you, pat!

masago: hat's what it is. thanks.

starry: you're very kind. thank you.

quilly: turn on the lights, then :)

evangeline: thank you. sending lots of love your way

oh no... charlie, you've done it again!
*reaching for kleenex*
beautiful song.

john: thank you

margie: welcome back! i wish spring comes your way soon.
my weekend was ok, hope yours was, too :)

floots: i think hitting it with a tranquiliser dart would make for a much better shot than this one :)

neikka: hvala za obisk. tale vikend sem bila precej zasedena, tako da nisem kaj dosti naokoli

Crafty Green Poet said...

I think its a lovely shot - the background colour is lovely and the pattern of the branches is wonderful. Blackbirds are singing again here too!

Anonymous said...

hmmm. I like its eye and the silhouettes. Subtle words and photo I like so much.

polona said...

cgp: thank you. though early, they're nice to hear again, no?

gel: many thanks, gel

MB said...

I don't know how you did this, Polona, but it's to great effect — words and image combined, especially with that shining eye!

polona said...

mb: thank you very much.
it was quite simple: i came home, saw the bird in the lime tree against the crimson sky, grabbed the camera, rushed on the balcony and snapped the shot :o)