Thursday, 3 October 2013

fog lingers
a wrong name on the note
intended for me

10 comments:

Margie said...

I love fog and this has a bit of mystery to it.
Really enjoyed it!

jem said...

Always lovely to come back to your virtual roost after a time away.

Love this one - that tone I love in your poems, a little ouch and a long sigh.

Out of Sight L said...

Fog and mystery indeed agree with Margie...I just hope it didn't hurt you

polona said...

thank you, friends.
ouch and sigh says it well, jem :-)
mystery, not so much, after a long overdue note lets you know what you sent is not welcome...

Out of Sight L said...

I'm sorry maybe they put in on the desk to respond quickly but it got knocked out by the cat and now it stuck between desk and wall...and one day it will be found and you will get treasures back, I wish for you

Margie said...

Polona, sometimes I do not always get the meaning in haiku.
I am sorry and sorry for your hurt!

polona said...

oh, nooo... nothing lost and nothing serious or life-threatning in this one, just too many bloody rejections of my poems (where in one case even an editor said was unjustified).
and one of those, sent to me by email (and intended for me), had an unknow name on it

Margie said...

Keep on keeping on and keep on writing as you are good at it!!!!!

Out of Sight L said...

oh sweety I know the feeling once sent a book yep I got a letter saying I'm sorry but you're book is too 'ambitious' for our audience and you have run-on sentences...keep on trying believe it or not Dean Koontz formerly knows as Leigh Nichols was turned down so many times...it has nothing to do with quality, they're too busy they just say no without looking but you'll publish you'll see

polona said...

well, my haiku have been published on a regular basis and i intend to keep it that way :-)
still, venues which published me before say my work doesn't meet the needs of a journal at the given time while at the same time admitting the quality isn't questionable... sigh