Thursday, 25 April 2013

formal garden
every which way
the butterflies

4 comments:

The Haiku Apprentice said...

This one has just been added to my favourites list Polona. The virtuoso wordplay makes this ab absoute delight to read aloud. The opening line is a pair of spondees which perfectly aligns to the "formal" arrangement of the garden it refers to. The remainder of the poem has a broken, irregular meter which likewise matches the fluttering of the butterflies.You have perfectly re-created the experience in words. And the playful middle line "every which way" captures the emotion, the joy of the encounter.

Of course I could go on to draw possible analogies to the world of poetry as a formal "garden of verse", and the butterflies being haiku poets, but I think I'll save that for my blog

Strider

polona said...

goodness, Strider, your comments are better than my poems, and definitely longer (more, please) ;-)

Bill said...

Watching the formality dissolve is a delight.

polona said...

i couldn't agree more, Bill :-)