Monday, 15 April 2013

season's end
the fishing town's alleys
fill with dusk

4 comments:

The Haiku Apprentice said...

What a marvellous poem for our times! Behind the simple observation of sunset in this picturesque town, there is a bigger picture for those prepared to look - depletion of fish stocks threatens the permanent end to local fishing industry, and indeed the marine ecosystem itself. Truly we face the end of a "season". I love the use of "dusk", which avoids distracting us with a reference to "light" or other words with glowing positive connotations.

polona said...

again, how keenly perceived! i deliberately used fishing town instead of, say, tourist town, and although i considered using moonlight i opted for a darker version...

jem said...

I always love coming back to your blog when I've missed a while. I have a roam and it's like sinking back into an old familiar chair, always welcoming and wonderful!

I love this one - I love that end of season feeling, sleepy, fulfilled and a little sad.

polona said...

glad you keep finding reasons to return, jem, and thank you