...where the pic of the duck in the previous post was taken. there's a pond close to where i live which i frequent, and though neighbouring an urban area, is teeming with life. i have already posted several pics from that area (especially on my ex
photo blog). as i said, these are wild birds but used to human presence, and are not too concerned about people walking by (but they always keep an eye on their dogs).
anyquack, here's another duck pic...
16 comments:
Are those roosting ducks? A rare variety! But cute even in trees ;o)
lovely!
now you made me guilty about eating roasted ducks. :)
hahaha... anyquack! i lurve them!! i used to go to a pond and feed the ducks with my dad when i was a girlie girl
I've always had a special love for ducks. When I was a child a photographer friend of my parents made a large spiral bound book filled with incredible duck photos. I loved it. Thankyou for reminding me.
Damn the guilt Dsnake pass a drumstick. Sorry Polona, haven't had breakfast yet.
They look so soft - I want to touch ...
charlie: nah, they're just resting ducks and that grey surface behind is water reflecting the kind of day we were having.
dsnake: thank you.
no need to feel guilty... i eat them, too (but couldn't kill any for the life of me) ;-)
amy: :o)
me too (but my dad never took the time to go out with me)
jem: they're definitely interesting creatures. love them, too. thank you for your memories.
pat: too late to take your words back :)
but don't worry, i understand...
qd: i don't think they'd let anyone touch them. after all, they are wild animals.
Cassie and I often walk around the duck pond nearby, and the ducks have all the right to be worried and keep and eye on the dogs - Cassie walks as if their is nothing and then make a sudden dash at the creatures - so far no luck.
I love this picture, Polona!
We have a lake not too far from my house that has lots of ducks!
I love to walk there...
Margie
A group of ducks (gaggle? band? herd?) were the first thing I snapped when I got my digital camera. They really are designed for photographs. I think they like it, too.
It's wonderful how trusting they are, isn't it?
My wife and I saw a mink when we were hiking once. He was as interested in us as we were in him. We spent about 10 minutes just staring at him and he loved the attention. Here he is, in case you're interested. It was a real Zen moment.
Wow Dan! I just looked at your mink pic and that's a beauty!
asi: yeah, i've watched dogs do that on several occasions but the birds seem to know all too well how close they can let them :)
margie: thank you. i think most of us need to feel the connection with the nature and such places are great for that.
evangeline: at least they don't seem to care :)
we have a few moorhens there too, but they're much more elusive.
wow, dan! that mink pic is really something. must have been a great experience meeting him face to face. thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for the story! :)
Zanimive so kot kokoške, hehe;)))
Lep posnetek.
andrew: you're welcome :)
neikka: saj so malo v sorodu ;)
hvala
kai: [-:
Post a Comment